9 Reasons You Should Be Watching Girl Meets World
Boy Meets World was a classic for my generation. I think I’ve probably seen every episode at some point. I’ve never sat down and actually watched every episode in order – though now I’m thinking that I should probably do that. This sudden re-emergence of my love for Boy Meets World has been triggered by an adorable and relatively new show – Girl Meets World. Have you seen it? If not, I highly recommend it. So highly, in fact, that I’ve devoted today’s post to telling you all the reasons you should be watching it.
Girl Meets World is a sequel series to the beloved Boy Meets World. It is set in New York City and centers around Cory and Topanga’s daughter, Riley. It is probably one of the cutest new shows I’ve seen recently (with the notable exception of My Little Pony), and you should be watching it, despite the fact that it seems like it should be a children’s show. Here are my reasons:
1. Riley and Maya are just the cutest friends ever.
I mean, look at them.
2. I want to be best friends with Cory and Topanga.
I think, as the viewer, I’m supposed to relate most to Riley, but nowadays I think about how I could totally be friends with her parents.
3. Lucas is basically presented as a Greek God in the form of an American child.
He’s perfect. Disgustingly so.
4. There is still a Minkus on the show – Stuart’s son Farkle.
And he’s as weird as you would expect.
5. Sometimes Shawn shows up and it is the best. Cory and Shawn are still adorable.
I just want Shawn to stay forever. The episodes with him are the highlights.
6. Riley’s little brother Auggie is the cutest.
7. Cory’s little brother Josh is almost grown up and is also adorable (is anyone on this show not?)
8. Even better than Shawn showing up is when he does something cute with Maya.
Ughhhhhh I can’t even handle it!
Have I convinced you? Just give it a try, and I promise the mix of cute new content and throwbacks to classic Boy Meets World will keep you smiling (and, you know, tearing up at the appropriate moments).
Want to read about more TV shows? Click the photo below!